Lasix and Heartburn - chronic - from FDA reports
Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn - chronic with Lasix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 141,810 people who have side effects when taking Lasix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
141,810 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix.
Among them, 1,936 people (1.37%) have Heartburn - chronic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lasix when people have Heartburn - chronic *:
- < 1 month: 41.03 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.95 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.28 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.13 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.97 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.85 %
- 10+ years: 21.79 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix *:
- female: 65.53 %
- male: 34.47 %
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.55 %
- 20-29: 0.86 %
- 30-39: 2.83 %
- 40-49: 11.69 %
- 50-59: 24.62 %
- 60+: 59.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (214 people, 11.05%)
- Multiple Myeloma (205 people, 10.59%)
- Depression (164 people, 8.47%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (140 people, 7.23%)
- Stress And Anxiety (105 people, 5.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (540 people, 27.89%)
- Aspirin (465 people, 24.02%)
- Prilosec (405 people, 20.92%)
- Aredia (399 people, 20.61%)
- Coumadin (394 people, 20.35%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (753 people, 38.89%)
- Pain (732 people, 37.81%)
- Breathing Difficulty (649 people, 33.52%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (561 people, 28.98%)
- Fatigue (560 people, 28.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn - chronic when taking Lasix?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn - chronic caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn - chronic and drugs with ingredients of furosemide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn - chronic and Lasix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Lasix 143,595 users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,255 Heartburn - chronic patients).
Browse all side effects of Lasixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
Could your condition cause Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
What would happen?
Questions to the study
After starting Lasix, have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am 68, female and also taking Synthroid. I was hoping someone may know of something that could help with the shortness of breath. Is there a change in diet that could help?
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.