Review: could Lasix cause Knee swelling (Joint swelling)?
Summary: Knee swelling is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 726 have Knee swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Knee swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Knee swelling >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Knee swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,918 Knee swelling patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 726 people (0.77%) have Knee Swelling.
Time on Lasix when people have Knee swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Knee swelling||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||0.00%||36.36%||36.36%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Knee swelling when taking Lasix * :
|Knee swelling||70.73%||29.27% |
Age of people who have Knee swelling when taking Lasix * :
|Knee swelling||0.00%||0.15%||0.15%||0.60%||2.70%||7.66%||19.07%||69.67% |
Severity of Knee swelling when taking Lasix ** :
How people recovered from Knee swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (88 people, 12.12%)
- Osteoporosis (60 people, 8.26%)
- Pain (52 people, 7.16%)
- Diabetes mellitus (39 people, 5.37%)
- Multiple myeloma (36 people, 4.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (221 people, 30.44%)
- Coumadin (183 people, 25.21%)
- Zometa (129 people, 17.77%)
- Synthroid (110 people, 15.15%)
- Digoxin (108 people, 14.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and knee swelling on
Do you have Knee Swelling while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Knee Swelling
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Knee Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 52-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Joint Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.