Review: could Lasix cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,045 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Nose bleeds >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,997 Nose bleeds patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 1,045 people (1.11%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Lasix when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||41.38%||20.69%||10.34%||0.00%||27.59%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Lasix * :
|Nose bleeds||58.05%||41.95% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Lasix * :
|Nose bleeds||0.62%||1.76%||0.52%||0.41%||2.48%||7.86%||17.48%||68.87% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (87 people, 8.33%)
- Hypertension (67 people, 6.41%)
- Pain (61 people, 5.84%)
- Multiple myeloma (41 people, 3.92%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (33 people, 3.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (326 people, 31.20%)
- Aspirin (270 people, 25.84%)
- Norvasc (163 people, 15.60%)
- Plavix (138 people, 13.21%)
- Digoxin (134 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and nose bleeds on
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.