Review: could Lasix cause Passed out?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 94,417 people who take Lasix. Among them, 1,933 have Passed out. See who they are, when they have Passed out and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lasix (latest outcomes from 95,233 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention, swelling. Commonly reported side effects of Lasix include dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, weakness, acupuncture and pain, nausea.
Passed out (loss of consciousness and postural tone) (latest reports from 308,908 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 94,417 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 1,933 people (2.05%) have Passed Out. They amount to 0.63% of all the 308,908 people who have Passed Out.
Time on Lasix when people have Passed out * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Passed out||37.68%||16.67%||2.17%||23.19%||12.32%||6.52%||1.45% |
Gender of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||60.03%||39.97% |
Age of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||0.00%||0.11%||0.17%||1.27%||4.20%||5.63%||20.32%||68.30% |
Severity of Passed out when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Passed out||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Passed out ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Passed out||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (188 people, 9.73%)
- Multiple myeloma (123 people, 6.36%)
- Pain (90 people, 4.66%)
- Atrial fibrillation (83 people, 4.29%)
- Depression (74 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (587 people, 30.37%)
- Coumadin (504 people, 26.07%)
- Digoxin (404 people, 20.90%)
- Potassium chloride (279 people, 14.43%)
- Plavix (270 people, 13.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lasix, Passed out
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lasix (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Lasix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lasix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lasix side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lasix drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lasix, Passed out
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Lasix, Passed out
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Lasix, Passed out
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.