Review: could Lasix cause Passed out (Fainting)?
Summary: Passed out is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 94,450 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,933 have Passed out. Find out below who they are, when they have Passed out and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Passed out >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Lasix 95,316 users)
Passed out (loss of consciousness and postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Passed out 49,792 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 94,450 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 1,933 people (2.05%) have Passed Out.
Time on Lasix when people have Passed out * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Passed out||37.68%||16.67%||2.17%||23.19%||12.32%||6.52%||1.45% |
Gender of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||60.03%||39.97% |
Age of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||0.00%||0.11%||0.17%||1.27%||4.20%||5.63%||20.32%||68.30% |
Severity of Passed out when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Passed out||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Passed out ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Passed out||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (188 people, 9.73%)
- Multiple myeloma (123 people, 6.36%)
- Pain (90 people, 4.66%)
- Atrial fibrillation (83 people, 4.29%)
- Depression (74 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (587 people, 30.37%)
- Coumadin (504 people, 26.07%)
- Digoxin (404 people, 20.90%)
- Potassium chloride (279 people, 14.43%)
- Plavix (270 people, 13.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Passed Out while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Passed Out
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Passed Out
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Speech Disorder, Trance Like Behavior, Slurred Speech, Mouth Dropped Down.Swollen Feet, Ankles, And Legs., Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Lasix)
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
More questions for: Lasix, Passed out
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- I fainted on oxaprozin
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Fainting, and takes Oxaprozin)
I've fainted before (trypanophobia, you know) but never out of the blue before. It was so unexpected I didn't even know what happened until I nearly hit the ground, but this was very different from any fainting I've done before. I felt numb afterwards and couldn't think straight. I felt okay after a ...
- Pulmonery hypertension
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness, and takes Xarelto, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Tracleer, Viagra)
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Lasix, Passed out
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Furosemide, Modafinil, Symbicort for a patient with Thyroid Cancer, Fluid Retention, Narcolepsy, Copd. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: i have noticed very poor concentration and over the top memory loss in the past few months. i was cooking yesterday and forgot and almost burned my house down. i recently started the symbicort twice in the morning and twice in the evening for mild copd and bronchicial issues.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Lasix, Metformin, Levoxyl, Adderall 20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Methocarbamol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Depression, Acne Cystic, Anxiety Disorder, Edema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Hypothyroidism, Add, Sleep Disorder, Neck Pain. The patient has
Comments: My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
More related studies for: Lasix, Passed out
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.