Review: could Lasix cause Passed out (Fainting)?
Summary: Passed out is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,934 have Passed out. Find out below who they are, when they have Passed out and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Passed out >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Passed out (loss of consciousness and postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,832 Passed out patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 1,934 people (2.05%) have Passed Out.
Time on Lasix when people have Passed out * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Passed out||37.41%||16.55%||2.16%||23.74%||12.23%||6.47%||1.44% |
Gender of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||60.05%||39.95% |
Age of people who have Passed out when taking Lasix * :
|Passed out||0.00%||0.11%||0.17%||1.27%||4.25%||5.63%||20.31%||68.27% |
Severity of Passed out when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Passed out||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Passed out ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Passed out||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (188 people, 9.72%)
- Multiple myeloma (123 people, 6.36%)
- Pain (90 people, 4.65%)
- Atrial fibrillation (83 people, 4.29%)
- Depression (74 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (587 people, 30.35%)
- Coumadin (504 people, 26.06%)
- Digoxin (404 people, 20.89%)
- Potassium chloride (279 people, 14.43%)
- Plavix (270 people, 13.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Passed Out while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Passed Out
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Passed Out
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Mefloquine, Asacol for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control, Malaria, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Headache, Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Malarone, Mefloquine, Asacol for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control, Malaria, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 42-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.