Lasix and Pleural fluid - from FDA reports
Pleural fluid is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Pleural fluid with Lasix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 138,786 people who have side effects when taking Lasix from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
138,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix.
Among them, 3,880 people (2.8%) have Pleural fluid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lasix when people have Pleural fluid *:
- < 1 month: 56.8 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.6 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.4 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.8 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.8 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.6 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Lasix *:
- female: 52.3 %
- male: 47.7 %
Age of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Lasix *:
- 0-1: 0.29 %
- 2-9: 0.59 %
- 10-19: 0.97 %
- 20-29: 1.53 %
- 30-39: 1.74 %
- 40-49: 5.6 %
- 50-59: 19.82 %
- 60+: 69.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (308 people, 7.94%)
- High Blood Pressure (280 people, 7.22%)
- Pain (213 people, 5.49%)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (165 people, 4.25%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (144 people, 3.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (684 people, 17.63%)
- Aspirin (648 people, 16.70%)
- Coumadin (629 people, 16.21%)
- Digoxin (552 people, 14.23%)
- Aredia (507 people, 13.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (1,101 people, 28.38%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (1,047 people, 26.98%)
- Pneumonia (938 people, 24.18%)
- Anaemia (908 people, 23.40%)
- Pain (838 people, 21.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pleural fluid when taking Lasix?
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Lasix 140,553 users)
Pleural fluid has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 48,876 Pleural fluid patients).