Review: could Lasix cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 94,450 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 965 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lasix and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Lasix 95,316 users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Sweating - excessive 42,617 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 94,450 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 965 people (1.02%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Lasix when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||31.58%||21.05%||5.26%||10.53%||28.95%||2.63%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Lasix * :
|Sweating - excessive||58.36%||41.64% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Lasix * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.46%||0.34%||0.23%||0.00%||3.89%||10.98%||24.60%||59.50% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Lasix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (102 people, 10.57%)
- Pain (100 people, 10.36%)
- Depression (50 people, 5.18%)
- Diabetes mellitus (41 people, 4.25%)
- Atrial fibrillation (40 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (344 people, 35.65%)
- Potassium chloride (219 people, 22.69%)
- Digoxin (191 people, 19.79%)
- Coumadin (174 people, 18.03%)
- Lipitor (149 people, 15.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i take 20mg of lasix and 40mg the next day and i skip the 40mg and take 20mg instead will it cause dizzyness
Lasix 20 mg and 40mg the next day plus spironolactone 100mg daily nadolol 10mg daily and xifaxan 550mg twice daily and keppra 750mg twice daily and b1 100mg once daily and protonix 40mg once daily and folic acid once daily and magnesium oxide 400mg once daily and lactulose 30ml twice daily and multy vitamin once daily I am skipping the 40mg of Lasix and take 20mg instead will that cause dizziness and heavy legs light head feeling
- Lasix with low blood pressure
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that her blood pressure was too low for them to give her lasix but for the past 3 hrs her readings are 114/55. Im just so torn knowing that she has her own meds of lasix at home that i can bring to her. Can someone out there please help? So thankful to have a forum like this to express our concerns knowing they would be helped.
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning and by midday today the side effects were unbearable. I am nauseous, have diarrhea, and a very severe headache. This didn't happen with Omeprazole. Do you think this is a drug interaction or is there some difference between the two that I am perhaps sensitive to?
More questions for: Lasix, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career (lab director, Senior Microbiologist) since 1975.
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
- Savella & synthroid hell! (3 responses)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I must bring a towel with me... it overwhelms me! I hate this!!
More reviews for: Lasix, Sweating - excessive
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I sweat within 1/2 hour of taking the medication. If I take the prescribed dose and even if I take extra for breakthrough pain, the same symptoms happen. Some days are worse than others. I am opiate tolerant and have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years.
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
More related studies for: Lasix, Sweating - excessive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.