Review: could Lasix cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Lasix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain.
We study 94,477 people who have side effects while taking Lasix from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lasix and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Lasix has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 95,341 Lasix users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,229 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 94,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Lasix. Among them, 61 people (0.06%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Lasix when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Lasix * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||73.21%||26.79% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Lasix * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.08%||16.67%||25.00%||14.58%||41.67% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Lasix ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 27.87%)
- Fibromyalgia (12 people, 19.67%)
- Depression (10 people, 16.39%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 16.39%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 16.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (14 people, 22.95%)
- Lyrica (14 people, 22.95%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 18.03%)
- Duragesic-100 (11 people, 18.03%)
- Cymbalta (11 people, 18.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lasix and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Lasix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lasix and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lasix
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
Recent Lasix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.