Home > Latuda > Hallucinations > Latuda and Hallucinations
Review: could Latuda cause Hallucinations?
Summary: Hallucinations is found among people who take Latuda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Abilify, and have Schizoaffective disorder.
We study 443 people who have side effects while taking Latuda from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Hallucinations. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucinations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Latuda and have Hallucinations >>>
Latuda (latest outcomes from 492 users) has active ingredients of lurasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar ii disorder.
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) (latest reports from 169,039 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 437 people reported to have side effects when taking Latuda. Among them, 10 people (2.29%) have Hallucinations.
Time on Latuda when people have Hallucinations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Latuda * :
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Latuda * :
Severity of Hallucinations when taking Latuda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucinations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizoaffective disorder (8 people, 80.00%)
- Schizophrenia (3 people, 30.00%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (2 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 10.00%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Abilify (9 people, 90.00%)
- Other hypnotics and sedatives (8 people, 80.00%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 80.00%)
- Asenapine (8 people, 80.00%)
- Analgesics (8 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucinations while taking Latuda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Latuda and have Hallucinations
- support group for people who take Latuda
- support group for people who have Hallucinations
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Latuda and back & joint pain
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Pain - Back, Pain - Joint , and takes Latuda)
I started latuda three nights ago. The first night I had terrible nightmares and cried in my sleep the whole night. The next two nights I have just had vived dreams.I and am mentally doing a lot better but now am experiencing a lot of pain in my lower back , knees and feet. How do I deal with this a ...
- I'm experiencing nocturnal leg cramps nightly since taking latuda. has anyone else experienced this? i've been on latuda for three months.
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Nocturnal Leg And Feet Cramps, and takes Latuda, Trileptal)
I exercise regularly (4x a week) for the past 10 years. It's mainly gym workouts and occasionally on the tennis court. Since taking latuda, I have experienced several painful leg cramps in both legs every night. I have increased water intake, magnesium, calcium and potassium from food and supplement ...
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
- My sexual desire went from extremely high to absolutely 0 interest.
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar 1, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Effexor Xr, Latuda)
I am a 43 year old female and my sexual appetite increased enormously when I met my husband who's 38. He even told me I had the appetite of a 20 something year old. I've been diagnosed with Borderline PD and I'm somewhat bipolar. I feel like a defect now. I'm curious if this is due to my meds. My ...
- Does latuda cause hives? if so, how long to appear?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Rash Generalised, and takes Latuda, Risperdal, Vitamin D)
Taking Benadryl and it seems to be working but outbreak in different areas still occurring.
More questions for: Latuda, Hallucinations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Good medication no side effects
(Posted by a 30 year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder, ED, and takes Viagra, Latuda, Valproate Sodium)
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Latuda i feel saved my life. it treats not only bipolar but depression too..
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Bipolar Depression, and takes Latuda)
I've been suffering from bipolar/depression since I was in my late teens. I'm almost 30now. Anyways latuda by far is the best med I've ever been on. I currently take 80 mg a day at bedtime. No baggage side effects like other meds I've been on. Helps with my moods and my depression. Now instead of ta ...
More reviews for: Latuda, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Latuda for a patient with Depression, Unipolar Depression. The patient has Significant Multiple Tooth Pain
Comments: Since beginning Latuda and Serataline I have been having significant pain in multiple teeth moreso on the left side of top and bottom rows of teeth.
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a patient with Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2. The patient has Photophobia
Comments: Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase in the inability to tolerate bright light, especially sunlight.
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Oxycontin, Adderall, Diazepam, Ambien, Latuda for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Pain - Back, Add, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Sleepy, Chronic Depression. The patient has Hunger
Comments: Have had extreme increase in appetite since beginning drug...6 weeks ago
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: zyprexa 5mg. worked very well. olanzapine does not work at all
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Risperidone, Depakote, Haldol for a patient with Bipolar Mania. The patient has Raised Ammonia Levels Depressed, Mind Stuck, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Beame Jaundice. Miss Diagnosed For Hep C.
Comments: Haldol caused jaundice and diagnosed with hep c. After many tests and off haldol specialists said it was false positive. Risperadol and depakote raised ammonia levels. Causing psychotic episode s.latuda caused raised ammonia levels, and also, risperdone had me near obeasity! Have I bbeen misdiagnose ...
More related studies for: Latuda, Hallucinations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dry Mouth and Premarin
- Deafness Neurosensory and Cva
- Spironolactone and Cardiac Murmur Functional
- Haemorrhoids and Pradaxa
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (2 hours ago)
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (22 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (17 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (20 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (1 day ago)