Review: could Letrozole cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Letrozole, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 1,761 people who have side effects while taking Letrozole from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Letrozole and have High blood sugar >>>
Letrozole has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Letrozole 1,834 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 1,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Letrozole. Among them, 8 people (0.45%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Letrozole when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Letrozole * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29%||28.57% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Letrozole ** :
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 50.00%)
- Bone loss (4 people, 50.00%)
- Breast cancer (2 people, 25.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 12.50%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (5 people, 62.50%)
- Dexamethasone (5 people, 62.50%)
- Ativan (5 people, 62.50%)
- Bevacizumab (4 people, 50.00%)
- Dilaudid (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Letrozole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Letrozole and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Letrozole
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does femara affect crp results?
Does femara affect the results of the C Reactive Protein test? I have been on it for two years and have side effects of joint pain and hot flashes with nausea.
- Can hydrochlorothiazide cause bleeding in between period
I started taking this tablet 1/2 a day then noticed that i am having my menstruation twice a month then the following month had my period after it ended but i'm noticing spotting on the 8th day.
- I have severe bone pain and am taking femara. even when i am not on the drug, the bone pain does not go away. is it possible that the femara is triggering internal herpes outbreaks causing this pain?
For the past eight months, I have been experiencing severe bone pain, not joint pain, but bone pain that causes me to feel the marrow in my bones is smoldering. I have tremendous amounts of fatigue in addition to genital herpes. I am only taking Femara, Vitamin D and Calcium per the Oncologist orders. I have had a bone scan for cancer a few months ago and my primary care MD told me bone cancer would not cause this type of overall pain.
I have gone off the Femara for a few weeks at time to see if the pain would subside. It does not. Recently, I began to think that since my herpes outbreaks are triggered by certain foods, especially nuts, maybe an ingredient in the Femara is triggering the more systemic Herpes outbreak. I have never been a person to have headaches, only when I have herpes outbreaks, and now I have severe and frequent headaches. Could there be a connection?
I have read that Femara can cause bone pain on its own, but this is so over the top from the blogs I have read, something else must be going on. Thanks to anyone who has any information regarding people who have had Herpes outbreaks for years and now are taking Femara.
I have taken other hormone inhibitors with many side effects for previous breast cancer, which is why my Oncologist chose Femara this time around. Mary
- Can someone develope myasthenia gravis from botox injections for migraines if they also have fibromyalgia? (2 answers)
i have multiple auto immune issues and have had chronic migraines for many years. the doctor decided that botox was my last chance to help these headaches. i started having symptoms of myasthenia gravis after the second round of botox. my head became so hard to hold up and straight. swallowing problems and drooping eyelids came next. extreamly weak and tired muscles and difficulty chewing. i have been told that if you already have a neuromuscular disorder like fibro you shouldnt take botox. does anyone know about this?
More questions for: Letrozole, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain whilst taking letrozole
Before having breast cancer I walked 10 miles a week, and did a 40 min exercise
routine. Having had a lumpectomy followed by 15 radiation treatments, and then
prescribed letrozole for 10 years, I can no longer do my 40 min exercise routine, nor the power walking that I have done for so many years.
I suffer severe bone pain and fatigue.
I have come off the medication (3 wks now) after taking letrozole for 6mths.
I can no longer tolerate the awful side affects, and Im just hoping the cancer
does not come back.
- Tinnitus with letrozole
Sudden onset of ringing in the ears after two weeks on Letrozole 2.5mgs
More reviews for: Letrozole, High blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- Please tell me if any of these drugs cause problems with opana that I have just been put on by a new dr instead of the ms contin the oncologist had me pn for the past 8 years but the new pain management is scared that is too addicting even though I have been on it that long with no problems. Thank y ...
- Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
More related studies for: Letrozole, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.