Letrozole and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Letrozole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ativan, and have Bone loss. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Letrozole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,373 people who have side effects when taking Letrozole from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
7,373 people reported to have side effects when taking Letrozole.
Among them, 24 people (0.33%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Letrozole when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Letrozole *:
- female: 86.96 %
- male: 13.04 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Letrozole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.25 %
- 40-49: 18.75 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 20.83%)
- Bone Loss (5 people, 20.83%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 16.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 12.50%)
- Analgesic Therapy (2 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Exemestane (6 people, 25.00%)
- Dexamethasone (6 people, 25.00%)
- Ativan (6 people, 25.00%)
- Zolpidem Tartrate (5 people, 20.83%)
- Dulcolax (5 people, 20.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (10 people, 41.67%)
- Pain (8 people, 33.33%)
- Nausea (8 people, 33.33%)
- Metastases To Liver (8 people, 33.33%)
- Dehydration (7 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Letrozole?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of letrozole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Letrozole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Letrozole has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Letrozole 7,657 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,999 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Letrozolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
1 month of Letrozole. Just started my experiencing terribly painful itching and pointed pain on left shoulder and arm. Hydrocortisone 1% or 2.5% do not help. Have resorted to ice packs when it wakes me in middle of night. Any advice?