Review: could Letrozole cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
Summary: Shingles is found among people who take Letrozole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Taxotere, and have Breast cancer.
We study 1,761 people who have side effects while taking Letrozole from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Shingles. Find out below who they are, when they have Shingles and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Letrozole and have Shingles >>>
Letrozole has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Letrozole 1,834 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Shingles 22,298 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 1,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Letrozole. Among them, 31 people (1.76%) have Shingles.
Time on Letrozole when people have Shingles * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Letrozole * :
Severity of Shingles when taking Letrozole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Shingles ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (17 people, 54.84%)
- Fungal infection (10 people, 32.26%)
- Cancer pain (2 people, 6.45%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 6.45%)
- Nausea (2 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Taxotere (18 people, 58.06%)
- Aredia (18 people, 58.06%)
- Ambien (16 people, 51.61%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (14 people, 45.16%)
- Taxol (13 people, 41.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shingles while taking Letrozole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Letrozole and have Shingles
- support group for people who take Letrozole
- support group for people who have Shingles
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- Does femara affect crp results?
Does femara affect the results of the C Reactive Protein test? I have been on it for two years and have side effects of joint pain and hot flashes with nausea.
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........lower abdomen pain, UTI symptoms, antibiotic not helpful at this time. Plan to contact Doctor in am.
- Can shingles result in unilateral ptosis, ear pain and swallowing issues? i get recurring shingles on my face every 2 or 3 weeks.
I have recurring shingles on my forehead and jaw about every 3 weeks on the right side for the last 15 years. Over the last year I've developed unilateral partial ptosis, sensor I neural hearing loss with ear pain and a sort of delay in swallowing all on the opposite side. I am wondering if they are related as the eyelid seems to be more aggravated when I have a breakout.
- Severe leg pain with waling or movement also weakness is this related to tendon damage from valacyclovir?
Also taking oral transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for intrapped femerol nerve from
pelvic bone lesions. Many allergies to medications
More questions for: Letrozole, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain whilst taking letrozole
Before having breast cancer I walked 10 miles a week, and did a 40 min exercise
routine. Having had a lumpectomy followed by 15 radiation treatments, and then
prescribed letrozole for 10 years, I can no longer do my 40 min exercise routine, nor the power walking that I have done for so many years.
I suffer severe bone pain and fatigue.
I have come off the medication (3 wks now) after taking letrozole for 6mths.
I can no longer tolerate the awful side affects, and Im just hoping the cancer
does not come back.
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to keep the Tardive Dyskinesia under control or to a few ticks finding my triggers and avoiding them. Like Caffeine, stress, and anxiety. I also had physical therapy and joined a gym. I also take an herbal supplement Relax and Sleep (4 yrs now) which helps a great deal. Recently, I developed shingles. The pain was unbearable and for some reason it triggered or aggravated Tardive Dyskinesia. I've been having inner tremors ever since and have had two bouts of Tardive Dyskinesia that borders on violent. I look like I'm having a seizure or Parkinsons. I always feel it coming on before it strikes. My chest muscles tighten and my arms and body are tense but I'm constantly moving. I can't speak and have difficulty walking when it occurs. My legs feel like weights. My face twitches, my eye winks and I can't swallow. Relax and sleep by natures made has been a life saver. It has melatonin, valerian root and chamomile. As a matter a fact I was in remission for a year. I only had subtle movements. I posted the discovery on youtube and other people have reported improvements. Mainly I wanted to know if the shingles triggered this episode because it effects the nerves? My grandmother developed alzheimer's late in life. I'm 49 years of age. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
- Tinnitus with letrozole
Sudden onset of ringing in the ears after two weeks on Letrozole 2.5mgs
More reviews for: Letrozole, Shingles
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Please tell me if any of these drugs cause problems with opana that I have just been put on by a new dr instead of the ms contin the oncologist had me pn for the past 8 years but the new pain management is scared that is too addicting even though I have been on it that long with no problems. Thank y ...
- Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and ...
- I have taken this drug for approximately 30 days after having had a lumpectomy for HER Breast cancer. I have been through a complete cycle of chemotherapy and 6 wks of radiation therapy and was put on this Femara to block estrogen, since my cancer was probably brought on by estrogen. I think this ...
More related studies for: Letrozole, Shingles
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.