Home > Levaquin > Hallucination > Levaquin and Hallucination
Review: could Levaquin cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain.
We study 27,827 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 338 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin and have Hallucination >>>
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) (latest reports from 30,019 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 27,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 338 people (1.21%) have Hallucination.
Time on Levaquin when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Levaquin * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (139 people, 41.12%)
- Bronchitis (107 people, 31.66%)
- Sleep disorder (105 people, 31.07%)
- Nausea (103 people, 30.47%)
- Anxiety (100 people, 29.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (126 people, 37.28%)
- Prevacid (112 people, 33.14%)
- Pravastatin (96 people, 28.40%)
- Clonazpam (94 people, 27.81%)
- Diazapam (94 people, 27.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Can Not Walk 1 Block Un Stable Ankles , and takes Levaquin )
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Now Am Goiung To Have To Have Surgery To Repair Knee Never Had Any Trouble With Knees Until The Levaquin, Had Severe Swelling And Pain So Bad I Couldn't Without A Crutch Or Cane, and takes Levaquin)
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- I took levaquin for 10 days, had severe breathing difficulty
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Asthma, and takes Levaquin)
I took Levaquin for staph infection for 10 days, just got off it yesterday, but had and have persistent breathing problems (can't walk a block without my inhaler). How long will this persist before I'm back to normal?
- I am deaf in my left ear since levaquin, how do they get away with this?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Sensorineural Deafness, and takes Levaquin)
I was being treated for a severe sinus infection while my Dad was dying and the Dr gave me Levaquin, and on the last day of the prescription I felt pressure and I NEVER HEARD out of my left ear again
More questions for: Levaquin, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Severe Levaquin Damage, and takes Levaquin )
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Hallucination
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Pain. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levaquin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a patient with Infection, Tendon Injury. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
Comments: I have bone and joint pain everywhere...especially my right knee. It feels very brittle especially when going down stairs. Lot of pain, and it feels like my knee bone Is brittle and going to just crumble into pieces?
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: Next day was fine normally working and smoking can't remember episode . Just remembers excessive vomiting, but normally when he has acid reflux vomiting he is very weak and tired and stomach burns for couple days later. Hallucinations after bringing him to, he got up walked to bed with help and sit ...
- A study of side effects of Carbidopa And Levodopa for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My mom has been taking Parkinson's medicine with dyclocimine (for irritable bowel syndrome) and dulcolax (for constipation). Since Saturday, she has had severe paranoid hallucinations. She hears, but mostly sees things that are not there. She was convinced that there were burglars in our house so sh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
More related studies for: Levaquin, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.