Home > Levaquin > Knee pain > Levaquin and Knee pain
Review: could Levaquin cause Knee pain?
We study 27,827 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Knee pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Knee pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin and have Knee pain >>>
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Knee pain (latest reports from 912 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, insomnia, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 27,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Knee Pain.
Time on Levaquin when people have Knee pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Knee pain||60.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Knee pain when taking Levaquin * :
|Knee pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Knee pain when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Knee pain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Knee pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Knee pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Bronchitis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Pneumococcal bacteraemia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Cholesterol (1 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lunesta (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 20.00%)
- Triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 20.00%)
- Actos (1 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Knee Pain while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Knee Pain
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Knee Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Can Not Walk 1 Block Un Stable Ankles , and takes Levaquin )
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Now Am Goiung To Have To Have Surgery To Repair Knee Never Had Any Trouble With Knees Until The Levaquin, Had Severe Swelling And Pain So Bad I Couldn't Without A Crutch Or Cane, and takes Levaquin)
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- I am suffering from osteoarthritis. want to know is it curable in ayurved
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Knee Pain, Low Back Pain, Hands Pain, Deformation Of Bones, and takes Shallaki, Glucosamine)
Want to start medicine from Ayurved... Drugs mentioned above. WANT TO KNOW SIDE EFFECTS OF THESE DRUGS.
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Migraines 7/24, Loss Of Balance, Thalmic Stroke, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Pressure, Rapid Heart Beat, S.L.E., Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Raynauds, Asthma, Muscle Weakness, PFO, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Back Pain, Involuntary Tremors Occasionally, Knee Pain)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
More questions for: Levaquin, Knee pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Severe Levaquin Damage, and takes Levaquin )
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Knee pain
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Niacin for a patient with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal. The patient has Knee Pain
Comments: I have been taking niacin for over 6 months. About 1 month ago, knee pain started and has been getting progressively worse mostly while I sleep.
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue), Depression, Pain Exacerbated, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Degenerative Joint Disease (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint), Chiari Malformation (structural defects in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance), Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body), Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: After taking Levaquin in 2001 i developed wide spread pain and a multitude of chronic issues.
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Knee Pain, Leg Cramps, Loss Of Memory, Leg Cramping
Comments: These cramps started about 3 months ago and have gotten progressively worse. I am concerned about the medication lisinopryl being a major cause and/or developing ALS as my grandfather had.
More related studies for: Levaquin, Knee pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.