Home > Levaquin > Muscle cramps > Levaquin and Muscle cramps
Review: could Levaquin cause Muscle cramps?
We study 27,827 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin and have Muscle cramps >>>
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,767 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,098 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 27,825 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 84 people (0.30%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Levaquin when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Levaquin * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||1.15%||3.45%||2.30%||18.39%||45.98%||28.74% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (16 people, 19.05%)
- Urinary tract infection (8 people, 9.52%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 4.76%)
- Sinusitis (3 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remeron (28 people, 33.33%)
- Oxycontin (28 people, 33.33%)
- Demerol (26 people, 30.95%)
- Cipro (23 people, 27.38%)
- Asacol (22 people, 26.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Levaquin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
Took Cipro and Levaquin over 10 to 20 years due to severe sinus and bronchitis. I was allergic to Penicillin and physicians would prescribe these frequently. December 2011 I took Levaquin and Predisone for 8 Days. I had an adverse reaction similar to stroke. I have been disabled since due to extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, severe pain in my extremities, joints, and muscles. I can't walk for long or sit upright for 2 hours without severe weakness and tremors.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Levaquin, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Muscle cramps
On eHealthMe, Levaquin (levofloxacin) is often used for sinusitis. Find out below the conditions Levaquin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Levaquin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (32 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (36 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Demulen 1/50 21
- Ovarian Cancer Dangers
- Gan Jiang