Home > Levaquin > Muscle cramps > Levaquin and Muscle cramps
Review: could Levaquin cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Remeron, and have Pain.
We study 27,827 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin and have Muscle cramps >>>
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,096 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Nov, 15, 2014: 27,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 84 people (0.30%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Levaquin when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Levaquin * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||1.15%||3.45%||2.30%||18.39%||45.98%||28.74% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (16 people, 19.05%)
- Urinary tract infection (8 people, 9.52%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 4.76%)
- Sinusitis (3 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remeron (28 people, 33.33%)
- Oxycontin (28 people, 33.33%)
- Demerol (26 people, 30.95%)
- Cipro (23 people, 27.38%)
- Asacol (22 people, 26.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Can Not Walk 1 Block Un Stable Ankles , and takes Levaquin )
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Now Am Goiung To Have To Have Surgery To Repair Knee Never Had Any Trouble With Knees Until The Levaquin, Had Severe Swelling And Pain So Bad I Couldn't Without A Crutch Or Cane, and takes Levaquin)
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- I took levaquin for 10 days, had severe breathing difficulty
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Asthma, and takes Levaquin)
I took Levaquin for staph infection for 10 days, just got off it yesterday, but had and have persistent breathing problems (can't walk a block without my inhaler). How long will this persist before I'm back to normal?
More questions for: Levaquin, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Severe Levaquin Damage, and takes Levaquin )
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Muscle cramps
- A study of side effects of Viibryd for a patient with Depression. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: both thumbs cramped at the same time and pressed against my hand, had to pull the thumb away to relax the cramp
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Hiatal Hernia. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: have fibromyalgia
- A study of side effects of Depo-testosterone for a patient with Hypogonadism Male. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity), Dry Mouth, Muscle Cramps Aggravated (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction), Night Sweats (sweating in night), Nervousness, Muscle Twitching, Neuropathy (damage to nerves), Central Nervous System Stimulation
Comments: generally ill
no well being
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: Experiencing groin pain in both legs when sitting and in bed , can't sleep , also leg cramps and slight numbness in arm on occasions
More related studies for: Levaquin, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.