Home > Levaquin > Plantar fasciitis > Levaquin and Plantar fasciitis
Review: could Levaquin cause Plantar fasciitis?
Summary: Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ciprofloxacin, and have Sinusitis.
We study 27,827 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 283 have Plantar fasciitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Plantar fasciitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin and have Plantar fasciitis >>>
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) (latest reports from 14,479 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, sinusitis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 27,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 283 people (1.02%) have Plantar Fasciitis.
Time on Levaquin when people have Plantar fasciitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Plantar fasciitis||72.41%||9.20%||0.00%||5.75%||10.34%||2.30%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin * :
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.50%||0.00%||1.75%||10.47%||30.17%||34.16%||22.94% |
Severity of Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Plantar fasciitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (213 people, 75.27%)
- Bronchitis (96 people, 33.92%)
- Pneumonia (76 people, 26.86%)
- Infection (69 people, 24.38%)
- Urinary tract infection (61 people, 21.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ciprofloxacin (107 people, 37.81%)
- Prednisone (92 people, 32.51%)
- Hydrocortisone (78 people, 27.56%)
- Flonase (72 people, 25.44%)
- Methylprednisolone (67 people, 23.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Plantar Fasciitis while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Plantar Fasciitis
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Plantar Fasciitis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Can Not Walk 1 Block Un Stable Ankles , and takes Levaquin )
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Now Am Goiung To Have To Have Surgery To Repair Knee Never Had Any Trouble With Knees Until The Levaquin, Had Severe Swelling And Pain So Bad I Couldn't Without A Crutch Or Cane, and takes Levaquin)
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- Can etanercept injections cute plantar fasciitis?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis)
I've had plantar fasciitis for 2 years. I've tried everything short surgery.
I've heard that injections of etanercept can cure it. True?? Help!
- What pain pill is okay with xarelto?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Plantar Fasciitis, and takes Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aleve)
What can I take for heel pain with Xarelto? I've taken Xarelto for almost a year, so can I skip the day I need to take Aleve for this. My Afib is controlled with meds and ablation last April.
More questions for: Levaquin, Plantar fasciitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Severe Levaquin Damage, and takes Levaquin )
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Plantar fasciitis
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue), Depression, Pain Exacerbated, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Degenerative Joint Disease (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint), Chiari Malformation (structural defects in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance), Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body), Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: After taking Levaquin in 2001 i developed wide spread pain and a multitude of chronic issues.
- A study of drug interactions between Levaquin, Lovastatin for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection Bacterial, Urine Uric Acid Abnormal. The patient has Pain
Comments: levaquin caused tendonitis that has not subsided post3 weeks
- A study of side effects of Levofloxacin for a patient with Koch's Spine (misdiagnosed). The patient has Plantar Fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia), Retinal Tear, Depression, Insomnia (sleeplessness), Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Joint Pain
Comments: Patient was in constant pain with no ability to move (wasn't even able to pick a glass of water). No supplements were given while on Levofloxacin and inspite of family questioning the high dosage for an unconfirmed Koch's spine diagnosis, patient was prescribed 750mgs of Levoflox twice a day; making ...
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Lips - Chapped And Dry (cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin f lip)
Comments: Two days after taking last Leviquin total of 14 days, lips turned extremely red and chapped. One week now with no improvement.
More related studies for: Levaquin, Plantar fasciitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.