Review: could Levaquin cause Plantar fasciitis?
Summary: Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ciprofloxacin, and have Sinusitis.
We study 27,853 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 283 have Plantar fasciitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Plantar fasciitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levaquin and have Plantar fasciitis >>>
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 28,797 Levaquin users)
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 1,895 Plantar fasciitis patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 27,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 283 people (1.02%) have Plantar Fasciitis.
Time on Levaquin when people have Plantar fasciitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Plantar fasciitis||72.41%||9.20%||0.00%||5.75%||10.34%||2.30%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin * :
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.50%||0.00%||1.75%||10.47%||30.17%||34.16%||22.94% |
Severity of Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Plantar fasciitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (213 people, 75.27%)
- Bronchitis (96 people, 33.92%)
- Pneumonia (76 people, 26.86%)
- Infection (69 people, 24.38%)
- Urinary tract infection (61 people, 21.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ciprofloxacin (107 people, 37.81%)
- Prednisone (92 people, 32.51%)
- Hydrocortisone (78 people, 27.56%)
- Flonase (72 people, 25.44%)
- Methylprednisolone (67 people, 23.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levaquin and plantar fasciitis on
Do you have Plantar Fasciitis while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Plantar Fasciitis
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Plantar Fasciitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
Recent Levaquin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.