Levaquin and Plantar fasciitis - from FDA reports
Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Bronchitis. This review analyzes which people have Plantar fasciitis with Levaquin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,949 people who have side effects when taking Levaquin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
39,949 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin.
Among them, 357 people (0.89%) have Plantar fasciitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levaquin when people have Plantar fasciitis *:
- < 1 month: 78.49 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.75 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.15 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.38 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.08 %
- 10+ years: 2.15 %
Gender of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin *:
- female: 63.77 %
- male: 36.23 %
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.4 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.21 %
- 30-39: 11.65 %
- 40-49: 23.69 %
- 50-59: 32.53 %
- 60+: 28.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bronchitis (57 people, 15.97%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (33 people, 9.24%)
- Hypercalcaemia (28 people, 7.84%)
- Bacterial Infection (26 people, 7.28%)
- Breast Cancer (22 people, 6.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (63 people, 17.65%)
- Neurontin (58 people, 16.25%)
- Avelox (55 people, 15.41%)
- Zometa (50 people, 14.01%)
- Ambien (48 people, 13.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tendonitis (151 people, 42.30%)
- Tendon Rupture (150 people, 42.02%)
- Pain In Extremity (88 people, 24.65%)
- Stress And Anxiety (77 people, 21.57%)
- Weakness (73 people, 20.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Plantar fasciitis when taking Levaquin?
- Check symptoms - is plantar fasciitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPlantar fasciitis and drugs with ingredients of levofloxacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePlantar fasciitis and Levaquin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levaquin 41,528 users)
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,856 Plantar fasciitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Levaquina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Plantar fasciitisPlantar fasciitis
Could your condition cause Plantar fasciitisPlantar fasciitis
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Hi to all - I have plantar fascitis after taking Avastin for 2 years. I've had the fascitis for over 1 year now and can find no fix for it. It didn't occur it was the Avastin for a long time but...now I realize that's what caused this. I've tried cortisone (lasts a short while), physical ...
Hello, I found this group while researching side effects of Levaquin. I started taking Levaquin and Cipro in 1999-2010. It wasn't until 2014 when I realized several issues I'd been dealing with were from taking these medications, who would have known or considered these meds to be the root ...
I am a 54 y.o. woman dealing with a great deal of stress: divorce, young adult children (last one about to graduate college), aging parents & stressful job. I prefer holistic methods but started on Xanax as a last resort. Now, I can't be as active as I prefer to be due to pain when I walk or run.
I had a left vestibular schwannoma removed last September. I took levaquin and cipro back in 2008. I have also developed small fiber neuropathy that has led to a lot pain and life changes. Hoping to find others to talk to.