Review: could Levaquin cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Levaquin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
We study 27,853 people who have side effects while taking Levaquin from FDA and social media. Among them, 99 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levaquin and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 28,797 Levaquin users)
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 13,120 Systemic lupus erythematosus patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 27,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Levaquin. Among them, 99 people (0.36%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Levaquin when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||60.87%||8.70%||0.00%||0.00%||30.43%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Levaquin * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.64%||6.02%||16.87%||42.17%||25.30% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Levaquin ** :
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (33 people, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (32 people, 32.32%)
- Bone pain (11 people, 11.11%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 11.11%)
- Thrombocytopenia (11 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (51 people, 51.52%)
- Vicodin (46 people, 46.46%)
- Clindamycin (45 people, 45.45%)
- Bextra (45 people, 45.45%)
- Methotrexate (42 people, 42.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levaquin and systemic lupus erythematosus on
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Levaquin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levaquin and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
Recent Levaquin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.