Levetiracetam and Abdominal distension - from FDA reports
Abdominal distension is found among people who take Levetiracetam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Convulsion. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal distension with Levetiracetam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,230 people who have side effects when taking Levetiracetam from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
16,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam.
Among them, 55 people (0.34%) have Abdominal distension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Abdominal distension *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Levetiracetam *:
- female: 64.81 %
- male: 35.19 %
Age of people who have Abdominal distension when taking Levetiracetam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 10.2 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 18.37 %
- 30-39: 2.04 %
- 40-49: 8.16 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 32.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (8 people, 14.55%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 9.09%)
- Fabry's Disease (3 people, 5.45%)
- Supplementation Therapy (2 people, 3.64%)
- Appendicitis (2 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pregabalin (8 people, 14.55%)
- Lansoprazole (8 people, 14.55%)
- Valproic Acid (7 people, 12.73%)
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate (6 people, 10.91%)
- Clarithromycin (5 people, 9.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain (16 people, 29.09%)
- Diarrhea (14 people, 25.45%)
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (13 people, 23.64%)
- Hypotension (11 people, 20.00%)
- Fever (11 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal distension when taking Levetiracetam?
Levetiracetam has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Levetiracetam 16,639 users)
Abdominal distension has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, birth control, crohn's disease (latest reports from 61,961 Abdominal distension patients).