Home > Levetiracetam > Accidental overdose > Levetiracetam and Accidental overdose
Review: could Levetiracetam cause Accidental overdose (Accidental Overdose (therapeutic Agent))?
Summary: Accidental overdose is found among people who take Levetiracetam, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, also take medication Lamotrigine, and have Epilepsy.
We study 5,644 people who have side effects while taking Levetiracetam from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Accidental overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Accidental overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Accidental overdose >>>
Levetiracetam (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Accidental Overdose (latest reports from 49,310 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, accidental exposure, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam. Among them, 17 people (0.30%) have Accidental Overdose.
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Accidental overdose * :
Gender of people who have Accidental overdose when taking Levetiracetam * :
|Accidental overdose||42.11%||57.89% |
Age of people who have Accidental overdose when taking Levetiracetam * :
|Accidental overdose||0.00%||36.84%||0.00%||26.32%||10.53%||0.00%||10.53%||15.79% |
Severity of Accidental overdose when taking Levetiracetam ** :
How people recovered from Accidental overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (6 people, 35.29%)
- Accidental overdose (5 people, 29.41%)
- Grand mal convulsion (5 people, 29.41%)
- Pain (3 people, 17.65%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamotrigine (6 people, 35.29%)
- Oxycontin (3 people, 17.65%)
- Vioxx (2 people, 11.76%)
- Lorcet-hd (2 people, 11.76%)
- Claritin (2 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Accidental Overdose while taking Levetiracetam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Accidental Overdose
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam
- support group for people who have Accidental Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is safe keppra for g6pd?
(Asked by a 4 year old girl who has G6pd, Cerebral Palsy, and takes Keppra)
my baby is 3 yrs old g6pd and cerebral palsy condition,, she suffering seizures
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
(Asked by a 88 year old man who has Epilepsy, and takes Cialis, Levetiracetam)
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Regarding pregnancy, does keppra present less side effects than depakote ? which one is more likely to avoid problems for the baby ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, and takes Keppra)
I have been on Keppra (2.000 mg a day) for 3 months now. Before, I took Depakote for almost 10 years. In both cases my epilepsy symptoms were controlled. I was advised to change (from Depakote to Keppra) by my Neurologist as I am planning to get pregnant in the coming months. I would like to confirm ...
- Is there an effect on keppra when taking maitake mushroom
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Keppra Xr)
I have brain cancer and have been prescribed keppra Xr but I want to know if anyone has taken maitake mushroom while taking keppra and are there side effects.
More questions for: Levetiracetam, Accidental overdose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Intractable Epilepsy, and takes Keppra Xr)
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Ringing in the ears from keppra
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Keppra)
The ringing started almost immediately. Two doctors I saw said they never heard of that side effect with Keppra. It's bad from late at night through the early morning.
More reviews for: Levetiracetam, Accidental overdose
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure - Absence. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: swelling of face around eyse
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Absence Seizure (impairment of consciousness in epilepsy)
Comments: Right leg perthes dieses catteral 4 the stage this is side effect of medicine?
- A study of side effects of Levetiracetam for a patient with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. The patient has Exchange Blood Transfusion
Comments: I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizures. The patient has During 4 Years Of Keppra Use I Have Virtually No Libido And Difficulty In Achieving An Erection
Comments: Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
More related studies for: Levetiracetam, Accidental overdose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (40 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (42 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (44 minutes ago)