Review: could Levetiracetam cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Levetiracetam, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakene, and have Epilepsy.
We study 5,646 people who have side effects while taking Levetiracetam from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Acne >>>
Levetiracetam has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Levetiracetam 5,829 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Acne 31,230 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 5,644 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam. Among them, 7 people (0.12%) have Acne.
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Levetiracetam * :
Age of people who have Acne when taking Levetiracetam * :
Severity of Acne when taking Levetiracetam ** :
How people recovered from Acne ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (2 people, 28.57%)
- Contraception (2 people, 28.57%)
- Ideas of reference (1 people, 14.29%)
- Partial seizures (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakene (2 people, 28.57%)
- Conceptrol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Levonorgestrel (2 people, 28.57%)
- Mirena (2 people, 28.57%)
- Oxcarbazepine (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Levetiracetam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Acne
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Levetiracetam, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppra . chest pain went a way 2 days later .
switched to a new med . a month later no chest pain
I developed a allergy to Dilantin ten years ago and had chest pain. went away after stopping Dilantin
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some of the worst troubles have been TBI from birth. Epilepsy my entire life. Brain tumor ( surgery to remove it in 1982) Graves Disease. RA and most recently Lupus ( caused by the keppra)
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spironolactone for 6 weeks and my eyes didn't get any better (at the time I didn't know there was a connection to the med). I did some research on line and found out the spironolactone can actually cause this problem. I completely stopped the spironolactone and after 1 month my eyes are better.
More reviews for: Levetiracetam, Acne
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
More related studies for: Levetiracetam, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.