Home > Levetiracetam > Weight gain > Levetiracetam and Weight gain
Review: could Levetiracetam cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 5,644 people who have side effects while taking Levetiracetam from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Weight gain >>>
Levetiracetam (latest outcomes from 5,826 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Levetiracetam. Among them, 49 people (0.87%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Levetiracetam when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||70.00%||30.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Levetiracetam * :
|Weight gain||51.72%||48.28% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Levetiracetam * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||17.78%||8.89%||33.33%||8.89%||26.67%||4.44% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Levetiracetam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (16 people, 32.65%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 12.24%)
- Tourette's disorder (6 people, 12.24%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 12.24%)
- Tic (4 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (15 people, 30.61%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 30.61%)
- Omeprazole (14 people, 28.57%)
- Acetaminophen (13 people, 26.53%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 26.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Levetiracetam?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Levetiracetam
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Levetiracetam, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
More reviews for: Levetiracetam, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Levetiracetam (levetiracetam) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Levetiracetam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Levetiracetam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Atypical Benign Partial Epilepsy. The patient has Weight Gain, Hyperoxia (excess of oxygen in the system), Anger, Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin)
- A study of side effects of Levetiracetam for a patient with Seizures. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra Xr, Warfarin Sodium, Synthroid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Nasalcrom, Sudafed 12 Hour for a patient with Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Blood Clots, Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B1 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Nasal Polyps, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headaches, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Non-cardiac Chest Pain
More related studies for: Levetiracetam, Weight gain
Recent Levetiracetam related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Levetiracetam, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored