Review: could Levitra cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Levitra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 7,861 people who have side effects while taking Levitra from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levitra and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Levitra has active ingredients of vardenafil hydrochloride. It is often used in erection problems. (latest outcomes from 8,246 Levitra users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,299 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 7,860 people reported to have side effects when taking Levitra. Among them, 48 people (0.61%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Levitra when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||72.73%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Levitra * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.88%||0.00%||0.00%||43.90%||51.22% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Levitra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (19 people, 39.58%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 8.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 8.33%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 8.33%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 31.25%)
- Viagra (13 people, 27.08%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 22.92%)
- Cardura (10 people, 20.83%)
- Protonix (10 people, 20.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levitra and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Levitra?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levitra and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Levitra
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated
Recent Levitra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.