Review: could Levitra cause Atrial flutter (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial flutter is found among people who take Levitra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 7,860 people who have side effects while taking Levitra from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Atrial flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial flutter and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levitra and have Atrial flutter >>>
Levitra has active ingredients of vardenafil hydrochloride. It is often used in erection problems. (latest outcomes from 8,245 Levitra users)
Atrial flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 86,681 Atrial flutter patients)
On Feb, 20, 2015: 7,860 people reported to have side effects when taking Levitra. Among them, 48 people (0.61%) have Atrial Flutter.
Time on Levitra when people have Atrial flutter * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial flutter||72.73%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Levitra * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.88%||0.00%||0.00%||43.90%||51.22% |
Severity of Atrial flutter when taking Levitra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial flutter ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (19 people, 39.58%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 8.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 8.33%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 8.33%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (2 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 31.25%)
- Viagra (13 people, 27.08%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 22.92%)
- Cardura (10 people, 20.83%)
- Protonix (10 people, 20.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Flutter while taking Levitra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levitra and have Atrial Flutter
- support group for people who take Levitra
- support group for people who have Atrial Flutter
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
- A study of side effects of Pradaxa for a 69-year old woman with Spotting. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Tikosyn for a 76-year old man with Urinary Tract Infection, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Atrial Flutter
- A study of side effects of Medrol for a 77-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia)
Recent Levitra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.