Levofloxacin and Hallucination - from FDA reports
Hallucination is found among people who take Levofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Augmentin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hallucination with Levofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,415 people who have side effects when taking Levofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
8,415 people reported to have side effects when taking Levofloxacin.
Among them, 66 people (0.78%) have Hallucination
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Levofloxacin when people have Hallucination *:
- < 1 month: 90.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Levofloxacin *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Levofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.84 %
- 10-19: 3.23 %
- 20-29: 1.61 %
- 30-39: 6.45 %
- 40-49: 12.9 %
- 50-59: 8.06 %
- 60+: 62.9 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 15.15%)
- Staphylococcal Infection (4 people, 6.06%)
- Ischaemic Limb Pain (4 people, 6.06%)
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 4.55%)
- Parkinson's Disease (2 people, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Augmentin (6 people, 9.09%)
- Vitamin D (5 people, 7.58%)
- Ondansetron (4 people, 6.06%)
- Morphine (4 people, 6.06%)
- Calcium (4 people, 6.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (17 people, 25.76%)
- Insomnia (16 people, 24.24%)
- Stress And Anxiety (12 people, 18.18%)
- Agitation (12 people, 18.18%)
- Tremor (10 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination when taking Levofloxacin?
Levofloxacin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levofloxacin 8,432 users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 37,973 Hallucination patients).