Review: could Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol cause Baldness (Hair loss)?
Summary: Baldness is found among people who take Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levonorgestrel, and have Gastritis.
We study 331 people who have side effects while taking Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Baldness. Find out below who they are, when they have Baldness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol and have Baldness >>>
Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol
Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 359 Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol users)
Baldness (partial or complete lack of hair growth) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,705 Baldness patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 331 people reported to have side effects when taking Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol. Among them, 15 people (4.53%) have Baldness.
Time on Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol when people have Baldness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Baldness when taking Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol * :
Severity of Baldness when taking Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Baldness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastritis (14 people, 93.33%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (4 people, 26.67%)
- Compulsions (3 people, 20.00%)
- Contraception (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levonorgestrel (14 people, 93.33%)
- Fluoxetine (14 people, 93.33%)
- Ethinyl estradiol tab (14 people, 93.33%)
- Omeprazole (14 people, 93.33%)
- Depakene (14 people, 93.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Baldness while taking Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol and have Baldness
- support group for people who take Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol
- support group for people who have Baldness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.