Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Alcohol interaction?
Summary: Alcohol interaction is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Alcohol, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Alcohol interaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Alcohol interaction >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,286 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, personality disorder. (latest reports from 1,000 Alcohol interaction patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Alcohol Interaction.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Alcohol interaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Alcohol interaction||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||37.50% |
Severity of Alcohol interaction when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Alcohol interaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 11.11%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 11.11%)
- Neck pain (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alcohol (3 people, 33.33%)
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 22.22%)
- Lorazepam (1 people, 11.11%)
- Pantoprazole (1 people, 11.11%)
- Calcium (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alcohol Interaction while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Alcohol Interaction
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Alcohol Interaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 33-year old woman with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Wrinkles
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Adult Hypothyroidism. The patient has Several Hair Loss, Fatigue. Memory Lack Of Concentration, No Appetite.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.