Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Autoimmune thrombocytopenia?
Summary: Autoimmune thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Wet comod, and have Pain.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,294 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Autoimmune thrombocytopenia (isolated low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) with normal bone marrow and the absence of other causes of thrombocytopenia) has been reported by people with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 898 Autoimmune thrombocytopenia patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 15 people (0.02%) have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Autoimmune thrombocytopenia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Autoimmune thrombocytopenia||92.86%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Autoimmune thrombocytopenia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||16.67%||0.00%||75.00% |
Severity of Autoimmune thrombocytopenia when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
How people recovered from Autoimmune thrombocytopenia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 33.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 33.33%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 26.67%)
- Constipation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 26.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wet comod (4 people, 26.67%)
- Aspirin plus c (4 people, 26.67%)
- Tirgon (4 people, 26.67%)
- Magnesium sulfate (4 people, 26.67%)
- Meloxicam (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and autoimmune thrombocytopenia on
Do you have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Levaquin for a 42-year old woman with Hashimoto's Disease, Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Trigger Finger
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 82-year old man with GERD, Thiroid.
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 31-year old woman with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, for a 46-year old woman who has Alopecia Areata
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.