Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Breast tenderness (Breast pain)?
Summary: Breast tenderness is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Premarin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Breast tenderness. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast tenderness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Breast tenderness >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,294 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Breast tenderness has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 9,948 Breast tenderness patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 129 people (0.19%) have Breast Tenderness.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Breast tenderness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||37.50%||0.00%||37.50%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Breast tenderness when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Breast tenderness||87.41%||12.59% |
Age of people who have Breast tenderness when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||0.00%||0.78%||6.20%||13.95%||9.30%||31.78%||37.98% |
Severity of Breast tenderness when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast tenderness||20.00%||80.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast tenderness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast tenderness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (37 people, 28.68%)
- Contraception (13 people, 10.08%)
- Thyroidectomy (12 people, 9.30%)
- Menopause (8 people, 6.20%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (6 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (17 people, 13.18%)
- Synthroid (15 people, 11.63%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 10.85%)
- Estraderm (14 people, 10.85%)
- Lipitor (14 people, 10.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Tenderness while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Breast Tenderness
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Breast Tenderness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Junel Fe 1/20, Lexapro, Fioricet for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Anxiety, Headache. The patient has Breast Tenderness
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Boniva for a 54-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Osteopenia. The patient has Dizzy, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.