Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Burning mouth syndrome?
Summary: Burning mouth syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Levothyroxine sodium.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Burning mouth syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning mouth syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Burning mouth syndrome >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,294 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Burning mouth syndrome
Burning mouth syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 368 Burning mouth syndrome patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Burning Mouth Syndrome.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Burning mouth syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Burning mouth syndrome when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Burning mouth syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin d deficiency (1 people, 50.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 50.00%)
- Thyroid gland removal (1 people, 50.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (2 people, 100.00%)
- Albuterol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin d (1 people, 50.00%)
- Humira (1 people, 50.00%)
- Multivitamin (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and burning mouth syndrome on
Do you have Burning Mouth Syndrome while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Burning Mouth Syndrome
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Burning Mouth Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Boniva for a 54-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Osteopenia. The patient has Dizzy, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.