Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Dizziness?
Summary: Dizziness is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,841 have Dizziness. Find out below who they are, when they have Dizziness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Dizziness >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,258 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 162,279 Dizziness patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 67,542 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 2,845 people (4.21%) have Dizziness.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (600 people, 21.09%)
- Hypertension (405 people, 14.24%)
- Depression (224 people, 7.87%)
- Pain (177 people, 6.22%)
- Thyroid disorder (168 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (575 people, 20.21%)
- Furosemide (293 people, 10.30%)
- Omeprazole (280 people, 9.84%)
- Lisinopril (270 people, 9.49%)
- Simvastatin (252 people, 8.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and dizziness on
Do you have Dizziness while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Dizziness
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Dizziness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 28-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Vaginal Pain, Vertigo, Swollen Lymph Nodes (swelling of lymph nodes), Pelvic Discomfort, Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding, Vaginal Discharge, Cervical Dysplasia (abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix)
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Celebrex for a 65-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.