Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Ed (Erection problems)?
Summary: Ed is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 120 have Ed. Find out below who they are, when they have Ed and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Ed >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,258 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Ed has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,491 Ed patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 120 people (0.18%) have Ed.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Severity of Ed when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (21 people, 17.50%)
- Erectile dysfunction (20 people, 16.67%)
- Neuralgia (16 people, 13.33%)
- Pain in jaw (12 people, 10.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (12 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (31 people, 25.83%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 24.17%)
- Amoxicillin (23 people, 19.17%)
- Nexium (18 people, 15.00%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 14.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Levothyroxine sodium and ed on
Do you have Ed while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Ed
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Ed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamins, Crestor, Exforge for a 68-year old man with Vitamin B1 Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Rash On Face And Neck
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of side effects of Pomalyst for a 69-year old man with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 36-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.