Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Emotional distress?
Summary: Emotional distress is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 419 have Emotional distress. Find out below who they are, when they have Emotional distress and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Emotional distress >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,286 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Emotional distress has been reported by people with birth control, coronary artery bypass, pain, acne, depression. (latest reports from 34,007 Emotional distress patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 419 people (0.62%) have Emotional Distress.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Emotional distress * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Emotional distress||12.82%||7.69%||2.56%||12.82%||38.46%||10.26%||15.38% |
Gender of people who have Emotional distress when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Emotional distress||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Emotional distress when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Emotional distress||0.00%||0.00%||1.03%||9.77%||14.14%||17.48%||23.65%||33.93% |
Severity of Emotional distress when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Emotional distress||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Emotional distress ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Emotional distress||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (89 people, 21.24%)
- Contraception (45 people, 10.74%)
- Hypertension (41 people, 9.79%)
- Pain (40 people, 9.55%)
- Thyroid disorder (32 people, 7.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (110 people, 26.25%)
- Lasix (88 people, 21.00%)
- Synthroid (81 people, 19.33%)
- Lisinopril (78 people, 18.62%)
- Yaz (77 people, 18.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and emotional distress on
Do you have Emotional Distress while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Emotional Distress
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Emotional Distress
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman with Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Hand Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine, Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Supplement, Preventative, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Appetite Stimulant, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ruptured Cerebral Aneurysm
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Atenolol, Telmisartan for a 63-year old man with Primary Hypothyroidism, Hypertension. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Flonase, Singulair, Protonix, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 61-year old woman with Diabetes, Allergic Sinusitis, Acid Reflux, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Claritin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 47-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 36-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.