Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 67,402 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,207 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Hypertension >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 70,120 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Hypertension 327,932 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 67,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 2,502 people (3.71%) have Hypertension.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (450 people, 17.99%)
- Hypothyroidism (355 people, 14.19%)
- Depression (150 people, 6.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (150 people, 6.00%)
- Pain (147 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (471 people, 18.82%)
- Furosemide (319 people, 12.75%)
- Lisinopril (271 people, 10.83%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (258 people, 10.31%)
- Omeprazole (235 people, 9.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took flonase and meloxicam and my blood pressure is up. normal?
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has High Blood Pressure)
I took my blood pressure medicine but my blood pressure is higher than normal I took Flonase and Meloxicam. Is that normal and if I've left pressure is still high should I take another blood pressure pill?
- I'm starting 7.5 mg remeron tonight , how can i expect to feal in the morning? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Depression,anxiety, Insomnia,diabetes , ITP , Lupus, and takes Atenolol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Prozac)
Long period of depression desperate to find something that will work quik and give me some energy.
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, PAD, and takes Lisinopril, Plendil)
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back t ...
- After a month of celebrex i lost the taste and no help for oa
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism ,hypertension, Osteoarthritis, and takes Celebrex, Synthroid, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide)
Need to know more about Celebrex and not controlled hypertension
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Reflux Gastritis, Tiredness)
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before breakfast,
More questions for: Levothyroxine sodium, Hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Hip Fracture, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Cymbalta, Klor-con M10, Levothyroxine Sodium)
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Bloody semen after taking amlodipine besylate
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Liver Fatty, Hypertension, and takes Amlodipine Besylate)
Was started on Amlodipine Besylate 11-13-14. Now -not quite three weeks later- I have bloody semen (Hematospermia)ranging from light pink to dark red. It was fine, and normal before. I feel it is the medication causing this.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
More reviews for: Levothyroxine sodium, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall, Paxil, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Adhd, Depression, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Itching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Pimples
Comments: After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zinc Sulfate, Echinacea, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens A, Valerian, Acetaminophen, Multivitamin, Baclofen, Loratadine, Simvastatin for a patient with AAT Deficiency, Health, Immune System Boost, Mood Swings From Change Of Life, Low Thyroid, Champagne Of Life, Anxiety And Stress, Bone And Joint Pain, Iga Deficiency, Muscle Spasms, Allergic Bronchitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bloody Very Loose Stool, Rectal Bleeding, Lower Abdonminal Pain, High In Pelvic Area
Comments: Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
More related studies for: Levothyroxine sodium, Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.