Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,542 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 383 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,258 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 67,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 383 people (0.57%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Liver function test abnormal||81.89%||18.11% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.18%||6.19%||10.62%||20.35%||61.65% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (95 people, 24.80%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 9.40%)
- Schizophrenia (33 people, 8.62%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 7.31%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 6.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (68 people, 17.75%)
- Aspirin (66 people, 17.23%)
- Furosemide (42 people, 10.97%)
- Lipitor (34 people, 8.88%)
- Omeprazole (33 people, 8.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Numb & Painful Feet Pain. Possible Metatarsalgia, Mortans Nueroma
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 52-year old man with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Synthroid for a 40-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.