Review: could Levothyroxine cause Nausea and vomiting?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 62,708 people who take Levothyroxine. Among them, 2,243 have Nausea and vomiting. See who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Levothyroxine sodium (latest outcomes from 69,669 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism, thyroid diseases. Commonly reported side effects of Levothyroxine sodium include nausea, nausea aggravated, fatigue, weakness, fatigue aggravated.
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting (latest reports from 1,044,344 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain, type 2 diabetes.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 62,708 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 2,087 people (3.33%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||13.73%||33.33%||7.84%||3.92%||11.76%||11.76%||17.65% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Nausea and vomiting||80.16%||19.84% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.21%||0.95%||2.80%||4.07%||6.82%||12.22%||18.72%||54.20% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||13.33%||73.33%||13.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (340 people, 16.29%)
- Hypertension (201 people, 9.63%)
- Depression (159 people, 7.62%)
- Pain (114 people, 5.46%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (97 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (350 people, 16.77%)
- Omeprazole (256 people, 12.27%)
- Furosemide (206 people, 9.87%)
- Lisinopril (195 people, 9.34%)
- Simvastatin (161 people, 7.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Levothyroxine sodium, Nausea and vomiting
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Levothyroxine Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Levothyroxine Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Levothyroxine sodium side effects from A to Z:
Browse Levothyroxine sodium drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Steady decline for four years, but extreme decline over two months leading me in to hospital
From this study (4 months ago):
Symptoms have been going on for three years. Doctor's have done MRI's, CT's, Ultrasounds, and several lab test. They have yet to find any cause for the nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Only thing they have not tried is discontinuing some of the medicine.
From this study (4 months ago):
I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can i take evista while i am on xarelto? i was treated for blood clots a month ago.
Had blood clots in left leg & both lungs in late Jan 2014. Currently on 20mg Xarelto. I had been taking Evista for over 5 years, but did have a period of inactivity in Dec -Jan. Can I resume taking Evista? Breast cancer runs in my family. My Dr said he sees no problem resuming Evista, but I am ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
More questions for: Levothyroxine sodium, Nausea and vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
More reviews for: Levothyroxine sodium, Nausea and vomiting
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Plaquenil, Percocet, Phenergan, Testosterone, Synthroid, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Prozac, Klonopin, Stavzor, Nadolol, Fentanyl-25, Percocet for a patient with Insomnia, Lupus, Severe Pain For Lupus And Ra, Vomiting Projectile, Shots Bi-weekly For Low T, Low Thyroid, Ace Levels, Adrenal Mass, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Pain, Pain. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lack Of Satiety, Salt Craving, Dizzy And Faint, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Ace Levels, Blood Cortisol Abnormal, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Weight Loss, Fatigue, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Energy Increased, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lunesta, Zantac 150, Albuterol, Duragesic-25, Symbicort, Cozaar, Zofran, Lortab, Lyrica, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lasix, Tegretol, Nexium, Aricept, Requip, Phenergan for a patient with Depression, Insomnia, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Pain, Hypertension, Nausea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Edema, Facial Pain, Dementia. The patient has Dizziness, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Vitamin D, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Lamotrigine, Novolog, Levemir, Ondansetron, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Aggrenox, Synthroid, Januvia, Cymbalta, Lansoprazole, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Heel Pain, Fatigue, Wine And Heart Health, Bone Density Increased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Rhabdomyolysis, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar 1, Nausea, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Gerd, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Bipolar I Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), Depression, Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Hypothyroidism, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Myoclonic Jerks
More related studies for: Levothyroxine sodium, Nausea and vomiting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.