Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Renal function test abnormal?
Summary: Renal function test abnormal is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Renal function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Renal function test abnormal >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,294 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Renal function test abnormal
Renal function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 901 Renal function test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 23 people (0.03%) have Renal Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Renal function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Renal function test abnormal||76.19%||23.81% |
Age of people who have Renal function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Renal function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.54%||7.69%||7.69%||73.08% |
Severity of Renal function test abnormal when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 47.83%)
- Gastric disorder (7 people, 30.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 26.09%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 26.09%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (6 people, 26.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (7 people, 30.43%)
- Metex (6 people, 26.09%)
- Folsan (6 people, 26.09%)
- Lodotra (6 people, 26.09%)
- Moxonidin (6 people, 26.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Function Test Abnormal while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Renal Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Renal Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 31-year old woman with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Stress At Work. The patient has Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Ranexa for a 74-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Angina, Hypothyroidism, Antiplatelet Therapy, Angina - Chronic. The patient has Angina
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 33-year old woman with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Wrinkles
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 19-year old girl who has High Thyroid
- Comparions of Quinapril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Armour Thyroid, Synthroid for a 35-year old woman who has Chrysiasis
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 72-year old man who has Dry Eyes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.