Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,569 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 130 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,294 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,173 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 67,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 128 people (0.19%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||10.53%||5.26%||10.53%||10.53%||21.05%||26.32%||15.79% |
Gender of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Sexual dysfunction||7.75%||92.25% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.88%||8.65%||16.35%||15.38%||56.73% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||30.43%||56.52%||13.04% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||12.50%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 18.75%)
- Erectile dysfunction (20 people, 15.62%)
- Neuralgia (16 people, 12.50%)
- Blood cholesterol (12 people, 9.38%)
- Feeling cold (12 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (31 people, 24.22%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 22.66%)
- Amoxicillin (23 people, 17.97%)
- Nexium (18 people, 14.06%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 13.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of levothyroxine sodium and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Brisdelle, Levoxyl for a 56-year old woman with Hot Flashes, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.