Review: could Levothyroxine cause Tinnitus?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 26, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 62,708 people who take Levothyroxine. Among them, 277 have Tinnitus. See who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Levothyroxine sodium (latest outcomes from 69,669 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism, thyroid diseases. Commonly reported side effects of Levothyroxine sodium include nausea, nausea aggravated, fatigue, weakness, fatigue aggravated.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 109,994 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 62,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 277 people (0.44%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (77 people, 27.80%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 10.47%)
- Thyroid disorder (20 people, 7.22%)
- Depression (19 people, 6.86%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 5.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (34 people, 12.27%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 11.55%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 11.19%)
- Atenolol (29 people, 10.47%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (26 people, 9.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Levothyroxine sodium, Tinnitus
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium) is often used for hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions Levothyroxine Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Levothyroxine Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Levothyroxine sodium side effects from A to Z:
Browse Levothyroxine sodium drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Synthroid 112 mg has added red color AND SUGAR.I am allergic to red. Changed to 2x50 and 1/2 of 25 mg. STILL SUGARS IS VERY BOTHERING.
Hydroxyzie was very effective for controlling allergies and help with sleep. Tinnitus is most bothering during the day, less in the morning. I am not steady, have ear ache and feel noxious. Also have stomach pain.
MFS is on and off. Less in warmer weather.
From this study (6 days ago):
3rd week taking klonopin .5 mg having bad anxiety feelings and pounding heart beat after waking - did not have that when i started taking this to help me sleep due to the tinnitus
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Levothyroxine sodium, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
More reviews for: Levothyroxine sodium, Tinnitus
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Minivelle, Prometrium, Synthroid, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Oestrogen Deficiency, Progesterone Increased, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (Tinnitus)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bystolic, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
More related studies for: Levothyroxine sodium, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.