Review: could Levothyroxine sodium cause Ventricular tachycardia?
Summary: Ventricular tachycardia is found among people who take Levothyroxine sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypothyroidism.
We study 67,542 people who have side effects while taking Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 240 have Ventricular tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ventricular tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Ventricular tachycardia >>>
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from 70,239 Levothyroxine sodium users)
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 13,158 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 67,542 people reported to have side effects when taking Levothyroxine sodium. Among them, 240 people (0.36%) have Ventricular Tachycardia.
Time on Levothyroxine sodium when people have Ventricular tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ventricular tachycardia||16.67%||33.33%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||61.63%||38.37% |
Age of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Levothyroxine sodium * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||0.00%||2.73%||0.91%||5.00%||12.73%||15.00%||63.64% |
Severity of Ventricular tachycardia when taking Levothyroxine sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ventricular tachycardia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (25 people, 10.42%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 4.58%)
- Depression (10 people, 4.17%)
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 4.17%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (58 people, 24.17%)
- Digoxin (52 people, 21.67%)
- Aspirin (52 people, 21.67%)
- Amiodarone hcl (44 people, 18.33%)
- Lasix (41 people, 17.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Levothyroxine sodium and ventricular tachycardia on
Do you have Ventricular Tachycardia while taking Levothyroxine Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium and have Ventricular Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Levothyroxine sodium
- support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Ramipril for a 45-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Heart Valve Incompetence
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa for a 61-year old woman with Sleep Aid, Thyroid Disorder, High Arch, Depression. The patient has Droopy Eye
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 28-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Cellulitis (infection under the skin)
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 75-year old man with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Tsh
Recent Levothyroxine sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of MSM, Neurontin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 50-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid for a 57-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Seasonale, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 25-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.