Review: could Lexapro cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 35,789 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 290 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lexapro and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,506 Lexapro users)
Abnormal dreams has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 15,275 Abnormal dreams patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 35,765 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 290 people (0.81%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Lexapro when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||30.16%||30.16%||9.52%||19.05%||7.94%||3.17%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Lexapro * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||1.70%||7.82%||13.61%||34.35%||20.07%||22.45% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (136 people, 46.90%)
- Depression (110 people, 37.93%)
- Anxiety (47 people, 16.21%)
- Bipolar disorder (27 people, 9.31%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (17 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (150 people, 51.72%)
- Xanax (43 people, 14.83%)
- Seroquel (34 people, 11.72%)
- Klonopin (34 people, 11.72%)
- Ambien (28 people, 9.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lexapro and abnormal dreams on
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec Otc, Lexapro, Clonazepam, Adderall 20 for a 52-year old woman with Stomach Discomfort, Depression, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression, Cognitive Deterioration, Weight Gain, Nausea, Gnawing Hunger Pains After Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Vimovo, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl for a 39-year old woman with Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Knee Pain, Anxiety, Depressive Symptom.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Excedrin, Sumatriptan, Lamictal, Depakote Er, Lexapro for a 62-year old woman with Frequent Headaches, Migraine - Classic, Seizure Disorder, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Horner Syndrome
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.