Review: could Lexapro cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 35,756 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 290 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,466 Lexapro users)
Abnormal dreams has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 15,275 Abnormal dreams patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 35,756 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 290 people (0.81%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Lexapro when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||30.16%||30.16%||9.52%||19.05%||7.94%||3.17%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Lexapro * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||1.70%||7.82%||13.61%||34.35%||20.07%||22.45% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (136 people, 46.90%)
- Depression (110 people, 37.93%)
- Anxiety (47 people, 16.21%)
- Bipolar disorder (27 people, 9.31%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (17 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (150 people, 51.72%)
- Xanax (43 people, 14.83%)
- Seroquel (34 people, 11.72%)
- Klonopin (34 people, 11.72%)
- Ambien (28 people, 9.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lexapro and abnormal dreams on
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Vaginal Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Escitalopram, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Paxil for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.