Review: could Lexapro cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain.
We study 35,756 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro and have Drug abuse >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,473 Lexapro users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, migraine, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,957 Drug abuse patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 35,756 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 160 people (0.45%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Lexapro when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||42.86%||33.33%||4.76%||14.29%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Lexapro * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.67%||7.38%||15.44%||18.79%||38.26%||5.37%||14.09% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (52 people, 32.50%)
- Depression (52 people, 32.50%)
- Anxiety (42 people, 26.25%)
- Bipolar disorder (21 people, 13.12%)
- Sleep disorder (21 people, 13.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (68 people, 42.50%)
- Seroquel (51 people, 31.87%)
- Klonopin (46 people, 28.75%)
- Xanax (43 people, 26.88%)
- Oxycontin (38 people, 23.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lexapro and drug abuse on
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Vaginal Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Escitalopram, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Paxil for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.