Home > Lexapro > Dry eye > Lexapro and Dry eye
Review: could Lexapro cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 35,681 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro and have Dry eye >>>
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,391 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 12,196 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 35,681 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 129 people (0.36%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Lexapro when people have Dry eye * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry eye||38.46%||30.77%||7.69%||0.00%||15.38%||0.00%||7.69% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Lexapro * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||1.74%||2.61%||12.17%||20.87%||32.17%||30.43% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (53 people, 41.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (21 people, 16.28%)
- Arthritis (14 people, 10.85%)
- Angina pectoris (12 people, 9.30%)
- Arrhythmia (12 people, 9.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (37 people, 28.68%)
- Folic acid (29 people, 22.48%)
- Lyrica (28 people, 21.71%)
- Prilosec (28 people, 21.71%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 19.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Eyelid Twitch, Muscle Twitching, Twitch - Eyelid, and takes Clonazepam, Lexapro)
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Has anybody who is on cipralex or lexapro been diagnosed with pancreatic cyst❓
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pancreatic Cyst, and takes Lexapro)
I was on cipralex for a year. Last week a large pancreatic cyst 7 cm was found incidentally. In the past I have been hospitalized because of kidney reaction to tetracycline antibiotic
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lexapro, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lexapro and memory loss
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lexapro)
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Lexapro)
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
- Lithium constipation and tremor
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Lexapro)
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
More reviews for: Lexapro, Dry eye
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Abilify, Lexapro for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Valproate Sodium, Lexapro for a patient with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Bipolar 2, Major Depression. The patient has Gout - Acute
Comments: I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 about 20 years ago. I manage it well generally - I do not drink or take illegal drugs. About 12 months ago I was made redundant from a very senior position at 53. Unfortunately I was immediately head hunted for an exceptionally stressful role working for a manager w ...
More related studies for: Lexapro, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Aspirin and Heart Rate
- Lower Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (5 hours ago)
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs t ... (11 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Amlodipine Besylate And Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone for a 40-year old woman who has Gout, Heart Attack, Lower Cholesterol, Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 minutes ago)
- Prozac, Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman who has Depression, ADHD (20 minutes ago)
- Pravastatin Sodium, Pantoprazole for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Triglycerides Abnormal (1 hour ago)