Review: could Lexapro cause Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 34,107 people who take Lexapro. Among them, 2,838 have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness. See who they are, when they have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,131 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Lexapro include stress and anxiety, nausea, nausea aggravated, anxiety aggravated, fatigue.
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,501,912 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 34,039 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 2,736 people (8.04%) have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness.
Time on Lexapro when people have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||32.48%||30.16%||6.26%||10.44%||16.01%||3.25%||1.39% |
Age of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Lexapro * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.18%||3.66%||6.16%||11.02%||21.90%||24.18%||32.89% |
Severity of Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||4.39%||50.88%||37.72%||7.02% |
How people recovered from Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||7.14%||92.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (965 people, 35.27%)
- Anxiety (336 people, 12.28%)
- Pain (213 people, 7.79%)
- Multiple sclerosis (180 people, 6.58%)
- Hypertension (167 people, 6.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (529 people, 19.33%)
- Ambien (451 people, 16.48%)
- Xanax (383 people, 14.00%)
- Zometa (335 people, 12.24%)
- Protonix (328 people, 11.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lexapro, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Lexapro is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lexapro used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Depression (8,095 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Stress And Anxiety (3,278 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Generalized Anxiety Disorder (430 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Dysthymia (95 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Major Depression (314 reports)
Browse Lexapro side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lexapro drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Struggle to focus at times, procrastinating, lack drive etc. and dizzy when bending over.
Joint pain in right elbow (last few weeks on and off), left hip (5 days ago),right hand (4 days ago),left foot (4 days ago and underneath (heel area) making it difficult to walk).
I sleep well with Circadin (melatonin based sleeping tablet)
and feet, hip do not hurt when laying down at night.
From this study (5 months ago):
Overall malaise, especially after certain foods, over exertion and sun exposure.
From this study (6 months ago):
hand stiffness. worse at night.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lexapro, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Lexapro, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Plaquenil for a patient with Depressed Mood, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Depressed Mood, Tiredness (Fatigue), Tic - Facial (Facial tics), Pain - Joints (Joint pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Lexapro, Clonidine, Ativan, Simvastatin, Benicar, Labetalol Hydrochloride for a patient with Indigestion, Anxiety, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Point Tenderness, Fatigue, Joint Stiffness, Pain - Joints (Joint pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 5, Vyvanse, Escitalopram Oxalate, NEXIUM, CALCIUM, VITAMIN D, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, OMEGA 3, Vitamin E, Iron Dextran, MULTIVITAMIN, RASPBERRY KETONE, GREEN COFFEE, HUMIRA for a patient with ADD, Crohn's, Crohns. The patient has Chronic Distension, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tenderness, Pancreatitis Acute On Chronic, Diahrea, Fatigue, Wieght Gain, Incontenance, Depression, Sleeplessness (Insomnia)
More related studies for: Lexapro, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.