Review: could Lexapro cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 35,765 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 428 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lexapro and have Hallucination >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,475 Lexapro users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,198 Hallucination patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 35,756 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 429 people (1.20%) have Hallucination.
Time on Lexapro when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Lexapro * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (214 people, 49.88%)
- Anxiety (63 people, 14.69%)
- Pain (54 people, 12.59%)
- Restless legs syndrome (38 people, 8.86%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (130 people, 30.30%)
- Wellbutrin (101 people, 23.54%)
- Xanax (90 people, 20.98%)
- Cymbalta (86 people, 20.05%)
- Klonopin (80 people, 18.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lexapro and hallucination on
Do you have Hallucination while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Atenolol, Alprazolam, Lexapro for a 54-year old man with Migraine, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind), Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Vaginal Itching
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Celexa, Effexor for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 44-year old woman who has Sinus Headache
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.