Lexapro and Joint pain - from FDA reports
Joint pain is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Joint pain with Lexapro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,806 people who have side effects when taking Lexapro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
51,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro.
Among them, 1,929 people (3.72%) have Joint pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lexapro when people have Joint pain *:
- < 1 month: 28.12 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.56 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.12 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.69 %
- 10+ years: 12.5 %
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Lexapro *:
- female: 77.09 %
- male: 22.91 %
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Lexapro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.69 %
- 20-29: 2.88 %
- 30-39: 9.94 %
- 40-49: 17.63 %
- 50-59: 33.46 %
- 60+: 33.4 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (242 people, 12.55%)
- Osteoporosis (193 people, 10.01%)
- High Blood Pressure (168 people, 8.71%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (128 people, 6.64%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (110 people, 5.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (365 people, 18.92%)
- Zometa (341 people, 17.68%)
- Xanax (300 people, 15.55%)
- Protonix (271 people, 14.05%)
- Nexium (254 people, 13.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (689 people, 35.72%)
- Pain In Extremity (552 people, 28.62%)
- Back Pain (523 people, 27.11%)
- Fatigue (501 people, 25.97%)
- Weakness (447 people, 23.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Joint pain when taking Lexapro?
- Check symptoms - is joint pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJoint pain and drugs with ingredients of escitalopram oxalate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJoint pain and Lexapro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 58,781 users)
Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 229,637 Joint pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Lexaproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Joint painJoint pain
Could your condition cause Joint painJoint pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 8 yr old was prescribed cefdinir for an ear infection. After taking for 10 days he developed hives and itching for a few days. The hives were not severe. Gave him benadryl and cleared up. A few days later he complained of pain in index finger then his wrist. Thought he slept on it wrong until ...
User reviews to the study
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
I have been using Faslodex for one year for metastatic breast cancer that had spread to my bones and lymph nodes. The response has been excellent. Most of the cancer is gone. I have minor side effects (e.g., headache, nausea, etc.). My only real complaint is pain in my right hip joint that ...
My husband asked his doctor for Lexapro for situational stress. His territory was half the country but the company fired the other person and he was handling all of it. Then his boss retired and he took on his responsibilities. He had a physical on April 19th and told the doctor he had stress ...