Review: could Lexapro cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 35,789 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,679 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lexapro and have Skin rash >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,506 Lexapro users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 35,789 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 1,679 people (4.69%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Lexapro when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||33.72%||43.02%||4.65%||4.65%||4.65%||8.14%||1.16% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Lexapro * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.06%||2.91%||6.13%||13.64%||21.48%||26.72%||29.06% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||11.76%||52.94%||23.53%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (498 people, 29.66%)
- Bipolar disorder (163 people, 9.71%)
- Hypertension (153 people, 9.11%)
- Anxiety (144 people, 8.58%)
- Pain (131 people, 7.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (353 people, 21.02%)
- Zometa (343 people, 20.43%)
- Ambien (274 people, 16.32%)
- Xanax (253 people, 15.07%)
- Lamictal (246 people, 14.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
kemper (1 year ago):
pregnant women should not take lexapro at all period it may causes heart problems in child
Reply the comment
Maria (2 years ago):
I have been battling depression and anxiety on and off for about 7 or more years now. I have taken Lexapro 20 mg 1x a day, for about 3 years ago, had no real serious side effects from it, and it was helping my depression a lot. I was off the medicine for some time now, due to pregnancy. My OB just put me back on it the past month or so, for help with depression again. This past month I have eveloped a severe rash all over my upper body, arms and face. Skin is bright red and itching and sores. Does anyone know if this could be related to a side effect from the Lexapro in being pregnant as well? I am considering to stop taking it again... I need some help with this...
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lexapro and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.