Review: could Lexapro cause Syncope vasovagal?
Summary: Syncope vasovagal is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal, and have Depression.
We study 35,765 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Syncope vasovagal. Find out below who they are, when they have Syncope vasovagal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lexapro and have Syncope vasovagal >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,475 Lexapro users)
Syncope vasovagal (malfunction in the parts of the nervous system leads to consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 1,511 Syncope vasovagal patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 35,765 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 12 people (0.03%) have Syncope Vasovagal.
Time on Lexapro when people have Syncope vasovagal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Syncope vasovagal||75.00%||8.33%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Syncope vasovagal when taking Lexapro * :
|Syncope vasovagal||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||76.47% |
Severity of Syncope vasovagal when taking Lexapro ** :
How people recovered from Syncope vasovagal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 83.33%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 66.67%)
- Alpha haemolytic streptococcal infection (2 people, 16.67%)
- Anger (2 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (9 people, 75.00%)
- Ambien cr (8 people, 66.67%)
- Sotalol hcl (8 people, 66.67%)
- Avapro (8 people, 66.67%)
- Ativan (4 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Syncope Vasovagal while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Syncope Vasovagal
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Syncope Vasovagal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Vaginal Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Escitalopram, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Paxil for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.