Home > Lexapro > Vertigo > Lexapro and Vertigo
Review: could Lexapro cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
We study 35,665 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,316 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro and have Vertigo >>>
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,339 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,295,369 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 35,628 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 2,308 people (6.48%) have Vertigo.
Time on Lexapro when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Lexapro * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (783 people, 33.93%)
- Anxiety (305 people, 13.21%)
- Hypertension (134 people, 5.81%)
- Sleep disorder (112 people, 4.85%)
- Pain (110 people, 4.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (402 people, 17.42%)
- Ambien (341 people, 14.77%)
- Xanax (294 people, 12.74%)
- Nexium (281 people, 12.18%)
- Neurontin (270 people, 11.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Lexapro?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Lexapro and have Vertigo
- group for people who take Lexapro
- group for people who have Vertigo
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
My dr increased my wellbutrin to 450 mg in January and I have been fine.
Yesterday morning, I took Wellbutrin 450 mg, 10 mg of Lexapro and 2 aleve for back pain. I had taken these medications numerous times sometimes sporadically due to scheduling, but try to be consistent either in am or at night. This time I'm pretty sure I took the night before only wellbutrin and lexapro (around 10pm), Next morning took wellbutrin, lexapro and aleve at 8am
I began feeling somewhat disoriented around 11am and forgeting things,became somewhat spacy, couldn't concentrate, couldn't formulate thoughts at times or words.. would forget mid sentence what I was even talking about. This continued mostly throughout the day, but got worse as the day went on. By 2pm my vision was blurring, dizziness worse and paranoia was terrible. by 3pm I was having my first full on panic attack- I would go in and out of it. Being scared to death or just couldn't calm down..I managed to drive home with the help of my brother talking me through and having me pull over for a few minutes. By 5pm it seemed to wear off.. Next day I still feel a little anxious mostly that it will happen again.. I have a bad headach as well today.
From this study (12 months ago):
Began experiencing vertigo when waking from sleep 3 days ago.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lexapro, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Lexapro, Vertigo
On eHealthMe, Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Lexapro is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lexapro used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (2 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (26 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Adderall Xr 25
- Tropaeolum Majus