Review: could Lexapro cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Lexapro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 35,789 people who have side effects while taking Lexapro from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,316 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lexapro and have Vertigo >>>
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 39,495 Lexapro users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,856 Vertigo patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 35,765 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 2,317 people (6.48%) have Vertigo.
Time on Lexapro when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Lexapro * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Lexapro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (785 people, 33.88%)
- Anxiety (307 people, 13.25%)
- Hypertension (134 people, 5.78%)
- Sleep disorder (112 people, 4.83%)
- Pain (111 people, 4.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (402 people, 17.35%)
- Ambien (341 people, 14.72%)
- Xanax (295 people, 12.73%)
- Nexium (281 people, 12.13%)
- Neurontin (270 people, 11.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lexapro and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Lexapro?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lexapro and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Lexapro
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Fish Oil, Esomeprazole Magnesium for a 43-year old woman with Magnesium - Low, Dry Eye, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy
- A study of side effects of Restoril for a 60-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Unsteady, Blurred Vision, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Junel Fe 1/20, Lexapro, Fioricet for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Anxiety, Headache. The patient has Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 15-year old girl with Depression. The patient has Yawning - Excessive
Recent Lexapro related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.