Lipitor and Bladder cancer - from FDA reports
Bladder cancer is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Actos, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Bladder cancer with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 256 people (0.14%) have Bladder cancer
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Bladder cancer *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 40 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 20.9 %
- male: 79.1 %
Age of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.1 %
- 30-39: 1.65 %
- 40-49: 2.75 %
- 50-59: 8.24 %
- 60+: 86.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (48 people, 18.75%)
- Diabetes (41 people, 16.02%)
- Bone Disorder (18 people, 7.03%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (17 people, 6.64%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (16 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Actos (65 people, 25.39%)
- Aspirin (56 people, 21.88%)
- Lisinopril (42 people, 16.41%)
- Plavix (32 people, 12.50%)
- Coumadin (30 people, 11.72%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Haematuria (35 people, 13.67%)
- Heart Attack (29 people, 11.33%)
- Oedema Peripheral (27 people, 10.55%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (26 people, 10.16%)
- Back Pain (26 people, 10.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Bladder cancer when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is bladder cancer caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBladder cancer and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBladder cancer and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Bladder cancer has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 17,134 Bladder cancer patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Bladder cancerBladder cancer
Could your condition cause Bladder cancerBladder cancer
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...
I started taking Lipitor 20 mg In July 2016.Took blood test Sept 2016.Bilirinin total was 1.4,retested March 207 still 1.4.The lab test indicates this is high. I found this out by requesting copies of my blood tests.my doctor did not mention this to me. I am concerned about the longer term ...
I am a type 2 diabetic taking lantus (once a day), Atorvastatin 40mg (once daily), and metformin 500mg (two tabs twice daily with meals). [Also coreg and lisinopril for blood pressure]. I try to get out and walk. I play at golf and walk the course for 9 (and sometimes 18) holes twice a week when ...