Home > Lipitor > Bone density decreased > Lipitor and Bone density decreased
Review: could Lipitor cause Bone density decreased?
We study 129,802 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 264 have Bone density decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone density decreased and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone density decreased >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,675 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Bone density decreased
Bone density decreased (latest reports from 46,292 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, breast cancer, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 129,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 264 people (0.20%) have Bone Density Decreased.
Time on Lipitor when people have Bone density decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||3.45%||3.45%||6.90%||44.83%||37.93%||3.45% |
Gender of people who have Bone density decreased when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone density decreased||70.44%||29.56% |
Age of people who have Bone density decreased when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.86%||22.66%||71.48% |
Severity of Bone density decreased when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone density decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 26.89%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 17.80%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (38 people, 14.39%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (34 people, 12.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (34 people, 12.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (119 people, 45.08%)
- Fosamax (113 people, 42.80%)
- Zometa (112 people, 42.42%)
- Celebrex (89 people, 33.71%)
- Zocor (77 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone Density Decreased while taking Lipitor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone Density Decreased
- group for people who take Lipitor
- group for people who have Bone Density Decreased
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Have considerable bone density loss since starting Lipitor
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lipitor, Bone density decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Bone density decreased
On eHealthMe, Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Lipitor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lipitor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Breast Enlargement